Monday, February 18, 2013

Winter Mantle: barren but sparkly.

I hate decorating post-Christmas.  During Christmas everything is lush and extravagant and full.

And then you take down all your holiday decorations and everything just feels... empty.  The air feels empty. The trees are empty.  Ugh.  I just hate winter.  

For my winter mantle decor I decided to tap into that empty, monochromatic feel.  To keep it feeling too depressing, I added some sparkle.  


I snagged this tree bark-detailed vase from Target when all their Christmas decorations were 70% off-- I think it came down to $1.50.  I collected a couple twigs from the yard and hung some leftover snow flakes from Jenna's birthday party and hung them with string.



The mason jars for Jenna's party were borrowed from my collection and returned with the Epson salt still in them.  I took out the candles and placed evergreen sprigs to appear as trees in the snow.



                                    

The feather wreath was another Target clearance find for $9.  I added my favorite mercury glass candle sticks and a gifted silver tray for a little sparkle.   What the hell... let's throw a thrift shop painted bird in there for kicks and giggles.


I really dig the tone on tone look, but I am so ready for spring.  SO ready.

How about you?  Do you struggle to decorate after Christmas?

Always & Forever,
  ME

1 comment:

karen said...

So pretty. Also, brillz on the Tar-jay clearance finds.