Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hunter: Five Months


Holy hell, do I hate teething.  My sweet, precious little boy can turn into a screaming monster at any moment.  But it's cool, we shove a teething ring in your mouth and you are good. to. go.

Mornings have become quieter around the house because you don't wake up crying anymore.  Most of the time Daddy or I will walk in to you cooing and kicking in your sleep sack.  You are taking an interest in your toys now, and in all honesty, we don't have to entertain you nearly as much as we used to.  We introduced you to your Bumbo this month and you LOVE sitting up.  In fact, I think we might have to retire the play mat soon because it's not keeping your attention like it used to.

You haven't quite rolled over yet, but you are getting so close.  You do roll onto your side a lot, especially during diaper changes.

Your hand/eye coordination has exploded this month.  Not only are you grabbing things and passing them from hand to hand, but you are also putting things in your mouth on purpose.  Basically, you are a g.d. genius, Gump.

The down side to this is you try to put everything your mouth, including (and not limited to): your hands, all toys, your swing, a door knob, the back of the rocking chair, burp clothes, bibs and my nose.  The other day I was trying to have a snack at the desk while holding you and you grabbed the butter knife.  No sooner has I taken that out of your hand, you snatched up a pen.  I am realizing how un-baby proofed our house is.

At your doctor's appointment last month you weighed in at 15 lbs 5 oz and 27 inches long.  Twenty-seven friggin inches.  Do you realize that is the size of most 6-month olds??  And this is when you were 4 months!  I'm not sure what your stats are this month, but I'm pretty sure you are cresting the 17 pound mark and I tried to put you in a 6 month sleeper and you couldn't straighten your legs.

Love you so much, Bubbers

Always & Forever,
  Mommy

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

He is just too much cute for one little guy. Oh my dear Lord. I just wanna snuggle him. Is that wierd? Can I blame it on the hormones?

Amanda said...

Look at those THIGHS!! I'm dying!

And yes, the teething sucks. I work at a daycare and can swap stories of diarrhea, screaming, and biting everything! boo. :)