Tuesday, June 7, 2011

About Us

Hi, I'm Amy, and this is my husband JEGs.  We are kind of a big deal.




Ok, so maybe only in our little corner of the blog world, but that counts for something, right?  We are just two crazy 30-somethings who are totally smitten with each other and taking on the world together.  And by 'taking on the world together' I totally mean 'paying bills and redecorating'.  I like to think big.

Since starting this blog in May 2008, I've moved from grubbing off my parents, to sharing a 900 sq ft apartment with JEGs, to homeowner.  In April 2011, we made settlement on a 90 year old twin that we fondly refer to as Falconhead Cottage.

I have also gone from girlfriend to wife and now-- mother!  We were married in July 2010, and gave birth to our little monster, Hunter, on October 1, 2011. Three and a half years later we welcomed our daughter, Tessa, into the world on March 26, 2015.

I renamed this blog from Lizzie In Progress to Life That is Good after hearing a song from the television show Nashville.  It reminded me that I should concentrate on the blessings that I have been given instead of focusing on the things I don't have.  I need to stop and enjoy the simple things in my life and love the people around me.  In short, at the end of the day, I want a life that is good.


3 comments:

Celia Houck said...

congratulations on your marriage and baby in progress!! :)

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog LIzzie and loving it. Congrats on the marriage and becoming a mother(God I hope you had your baby already). That last week is killer! Can't wait to start following you and seeing some baby Monster pics! Enjoy motherhood.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your blog months ago and always enjoy reading your posts. Your son is adorable!
Is your hair naturally curly or do you have to curl it? It always looks so nice. I recently cut my hair and would love to style it like yours. Any suggestions on what tools to use?
Thanks!
Sandy