Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fabulous November


 
Hi November. 
So you came, you gave us a chill in the air-- but we won't hold that against you.  You had some pretty awesome things packed into your 30 days:

Parenthood:

 I was kinda skeptical of this show when I first saw the cast.  Yeah, it had some big names in there (Craig T. Nelson, Monica Potter, Joy Bryant) but it also had Dax Shepard.  C'mon, this guy was on Punk'd and the most memorable thing I can remember him ever saying is "that's a 81 Honda... HOW DARE YOU."   However, insomnia will make you do a lot of things, and one night I watched 5 episodes on demand.  I have been hooked ever since.

 The show is about having kids and dealing with the day to day problems a family has, however, that is not what has hooked me.  I love the relationship between the the siblings (Peter Krause, Lauren Graham, Dax Shephard, Erika Christensen) and I am enchanted how easily the banter is amongst the characters-- the teasing and constantly talking over each other-- it's something I can relate to.  It's also like a reunion of actors from "Shows Lizzie Loved, But Are Now Off the Air" (American Dreams, Dirty Sexy Money, Gilmore Girls, Trust Me). 


Nuptials

We attended a beautiful wedding in Macungie, PA and I am still talking about how wonderful it was!  Read more about it here.


Winter Ale

I might have to hand in my Fabulousity Card, because friends, I think I am a beer drinker.  I blame JEGs.
First he introduced me to Yuengling, and I was all, "Ok.. I can drink about half a glass".  Then he brought home Sam Adam's Oktoberfest and I was finishing a full beer on my own.  Now, I have met Winter Lager and I can't get enough.  So good.  In the words of my friend Heather "NOM NOM NOM". 

Thankful
If nothing else, this month makes you really sit back and realize what you are thankful for in your life.  I am, of course, incredibly thankful for my family: my mother and father, my three brothers,  my two amazing sisters-in-law, my three fabulous nieces and my adorable nephew.  However, this year I am so thankful to include (and be included) in a new family-- my in laws.  I am so thankful for the mother-in-law and father-in-law I was given.  They are such good, caring, and honest people-- and my mother-in-law has awesome taste in accessories and handbags!  I know!!  I couldn't have molded her better if I tried!

I'm also super thankful for my job and the people I work with.  I have a great pilot who I get along with and really has my back.  My other co-workers are such great people to work with and every day I think about how blessed I am to go to a job that I really enjoy.

Most of all, I am thankful for JEGs.  I still look at him and wonder how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life.  I have a man who listens to my crazy ideas, deals with my stubbornness,  warms my toes, fixes my car and most importantly keeps me laughing

So thanks for hanging around November, you were pretty chill (ba dum chee).  Here is your coat and your hat--- make way for December!

Always & Forever,
  ME

2 comments:

Saying I do said...

I LOOOVE Parenthood, too! I really hope it stays on the network..i've heard some nasty rumors that it might get cancelled...but it's just so touching. I agree..I love the sibling's relationships too!

Amanda said...

I watched one episode of Season 2 and...I just don't know. I can't seem to fall in love with it even though I know the talent is there.

We love beer in this house--I'm so glad you do to. Do you have Woodchuck in PA? If you don't I wish I could send some to you because their Fall Cider is quite delish.