Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Floral Question

Can anyone tell me what kind of flower this is?


I love the first blooms of spring. They are so cheerful and pretty. The cold and crap of winter melts away and suddenly the air is filled with the fresh fragrance of hyacinth, crocus, and cherry blossoms.

These flowers, however, smell like fish.
I would like to quickly add that the wind was blowing when I took this picture. I don't normally style my hair like Alby Grant

I'm not even kidding. They smell like salmon. And they are EVERYWHERE around my complex.

There is a tree right outside my apartment, and right next to where JEGs and I park our cars. Everytime I walk outside, I breath through my mouth in hopes I don't have to smell them. Uuuugggghhhh.

It's a shame because they are really pretty. I would love to snip a branch and put some in a vase in my apartment-- but it would smell like the seafood section of the ACME.

So, can anyone help me identify this flower?

Always & Forever,
ME

5 comments:

Shannon said...

hahahaHAHAHAA no, i have no idea. but i'm dying over here. haaahaa

Green Stone said...

Maytree?

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker said...

I haven o idea. but it's gorgeous! and will probably make my sneeze :)

Ang said...

That, dear Lizzie is a Bradford Flowering Pear tree.

Mystery solved ;)

Erica said...

Agreed with Ang.... Bradford Pear. There's a group of them outside of a school that I sub at often. STINKY!!!!! And you can't even eat the pears because it's an "Ornamental" tree.