Friday, April 9, 2010

Dancing in the Rain

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain"
--Vivian Greene.




I like to keep this blog about mostly light and cheery, but sometimes I have to keep it real. Friends, I had a little bit of a meltdown today.

Straight up, tears-streaming-down-my-face, mascara-everywhere, balled-up-in-a-corner meltdown. Basically the kind of day that makes me want to fashion a sippy cup out of a wine bottle.

It wasn't just one thing that caused this- it was a culmination of financial issues, health issues, wedding issues, with a dash of family and friends on the side. I won't bore you with the details.

But when the tears were done, I thought about the above quote and remembered-- I have been through worse, and I've survived.

So I'm ditchin' the umbrella and strappin' on my dancing shoes (which may be blue and fabulous) and I'm gonna get through this.

Always & Forever,

ME

4 comments:

Amanda said...

yeah, I'm feeling you on that one. I had a similar post just today (actually about rain as well), and it felt good telling the world that I am giving up control and just letting things happen...

Danielle and Clint said...

It's hard to juggle so many things at once. Sometimes it's good to let it out! (hug)

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

Oh, I so hear you on that one. Just take a deep breath and focus on the fact that you are not alone, there is a wonderful man beside you all the way. And if all fails WINE BABY!

Ang said...

Keep your head up pretty girl!

Know that all your crazy blog readers are here and ready to cheer you up with witty one liners!

And if it makes you feel better- the pre-wedding "OMG MY LIFE IS FALLING IN ON ME" meltdown is SO normal!!