Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

Top 'O the Mornin' to Ye!! It's St. Patrick's Day!

Due to my recent self-induced sobriety , I cannot join in the merriment of drinking my face off today.

Bummer.
But what I can do is offer useless facts about the Irish! Yippee!!

Ever wonder where this phrase came from?

It is a reference to the Blarney Stone. Kissing the Blarney stone brings you good luck so if you can't kiss the stone the next best chance of getting good luck is "kissing an Irish person".

So if you want a little extra luck, pucker up and lay one on the next Mc you see!

Always & Forever,
McMe!

2 comments:

Your Daily Barista said...

But don't kiss the Blarney Stone. According to Alanna, the locals pee on it just to spite the tourists.

lol.

Just another lil' Irish factoid. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Danielle and Clint said...

ewww!!! I am NEVER touching that stone!

Tomorrow is St. Joseph's Day (Polish) and you are suppose to wear red. Not a happy story behind that one.

I will enjoy the day sober with you!