Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fabulous January

Oh January, you couldn't figure out if you wanted to be winter or spring. One week you were making us shiver with 28 degree weather, and the next day I was sweating my tukis off in 60 degrees. Poor-identity crisis month.

But that didn't mean you weren't awesome. And here are some reasons why:

1. My new slouchy boots!!

I got these adorable babies for Christmas and I have been wearing the crap out of them. Love love love them!

2. Wedding checks!

JEGs and I finished up our registry this weekend, as well as had our taste testing on Sunday. Let me tell you- we will be eating good on our wedding. The food at Normandy Farms is outstanding. I seriously gained 3 pounds. We also picked out our rings , and I am 95% sure which invitation we are going to use. Next up: finalizing everything.

3. Jillian Michaels 30-day shred


In order to be super svelt for the big day, I purchased Jillian Michael's 30 day shred because my fellow JulyX Knotties RAVED about it. I'm not looking to lose 20 pounds like she claims, but I am looking to tone up. So far, I really like it. Now I just haveto stop eating everything in site.

4. The return of American Idol!
I love American Idol- especially the auditions. With Paula gone, it was interesting to see the dynamic with the new guest judges. I love Posh Spice and Shania Twain, but Kati Perry I could do without. Psst.. hey, Kara Dioguardi. If you want to meet Kati Perry at the bike racks after school, I totally have your pack. Seriously, let's beat the hoe down.
... and I cannot talk about American Idol without mentioning four very special words: Pants On the Ground

5. The League of Extrodinary Engaged Chicks.
That's right.. engagement rings are poppin' up left and right this year! Between me, Jamie, Justin and now Lauren, JEGs and I are going to have a very busy year! Hopefully we will be adding someone else to that list too.. [I'm lookin' at you, Manders!]


Well January, you are over and I am kickin' you to the curb. Sorry, you may be the first month, but you are a crappy month. Bring on February!

Always & Forever,
ME

2 comments:

bethany said...

Wasn't Katy Perry a total witch?! When she said, "Don't make me throw my Coke in your face..." to Kara, I was all, "Mmmmm, no you DIDN'T!"

She was awful.

Do share how the Shred goes...I've always wondered if it was worth the time!! :)

Shannon said...

That there Jillian Michaels is a beast. I started doing the Shread a few months ago. When it takes you two weeks to recover from one workout, maybe it's not the program for you.or me. whatever. It sucked. But loads of luck to you! haha

REGISTRY! my favorite part of any life-changing event. I'm gonna go stalk you guys now ;)