Thursday, September 3, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear Murphy,

I know you aren't feeling well. I want you to know that I am trying my best to help you. Although you hate the vet, I only took you there so they could tell me why you stopped eating and why you were having a hard time walking.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy that you've started eating again, but I am very concerned with the fact you can't use your back legs anymore. I can't continue to carry you to the litter box three times a day. I always told myself I wouldn't be that selfish person to keep their cat alive while it was in pain, but this is turning out to be so much harder then I thought it would. I'm not ready for you to leave me. You've been my biggest fan for the past 17 years. Who else is going to greet me at the door when I get home from work? Or take up half the bed? Your purring has comforted me through so many ups and downs, I feel like I will be lost with out it. I am going to miss you.

I am giving you a week of antibiotics, and if nothing changes I am going to have to make the hardest desicion of my life. Please don't be mad at me- I just don't want you to hurt anymore.

I love you always and always.
Me.