Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sack it to me, baby!

I am in love.
Sorry JEGS, but you are going to have to start sharing my affections.

You know those re-usable bags that you can get at Targer or Giant or whathaveyou? You know those bags, the ones that make you think to yourself "I should be a good person and buy one of those, but gosh darn it, they are ugly!" I sacrificed style to 'go green' and let me tell you, those bags are not only ugly but they are a pain in the butt. I was always forgetting them and they aren't exactly the easiest to carry around while shopping.

Well no more, my friends.
Say hello to Envirosax.

The Youngsters over at This Young House highlighted these adorable little bags during a give-away. Sadly I didn't win, however the company did offer a 10% discount for two days to readers of TYH. I totally partook in that. Wouldn't you?? Look at these sassy little earth-savers:








 
Hold up. You've got a little drool coming from your mouth.

No.. other side.

Ok, now you're kosh.
Anyway, do you love them? Cause I do.

I picked the "Candy" series because... well, because it was purple, who are we kidding? I'm like a moth to flame when it comes to purple.
When the package arrived on my doorstep on Tuesday (just in time for shopping day on Wednesday!) I squealed and clapped my hands. I was so excited to get them, and they were totally worth the wait.
When you pick 5 bags you get a complimentary pouch. I've left 4 of the bags in the pouch and it fits perfectly in my Jeep's console:

This way I can never forget them at home!
The fifth one is snuggled in my bag, just in case of an emergency:

Doesn't it look so at home curled up next to my day planner?

When rolled up they are about the size of a cell phone, but when you unsnap them they are HUUUGE! Here are the bags on my kitchen table:

 
I really should have taken a picture to show all the stuff in the bags, but I didn't think to. But I was able to fit two weeks worth of groceries in 4 bags. And the fourth bag was only half full!

They may seem a little pricey to some (about $8.50 per bag- $40 for a set of 5) but when you think of how long you could use them, they are worth it. Plus, you are doing your part to save the environment, and looking totally adorable while doing it. Duhh, no brainer!

Always & Forever,
ME

No comments: