Friday, June 19, 2009

For JEGs

Tomorrow, June 20th, is my anniversary with JEGs. I would like to take the time to introduce the world to the most amazing person I have ever met, and tell you a little bit of our story.


 JEGs and I met in October of 2000. I was a sophomore at Aracadia University (then Beaver College) and my roommate Susan was a transfer student from Kutztown University. She and JEGs knew each other while attending KU. He came to visit Susan for a weekend and our dear friend across the hall, Kristin, was single. Susan and I conspired to set the two of them up.  JEGs wasn't interested in Kristin- he actually had his eye on me! I had a boyfriend at the time, but while visiting he and I exchanged AIM screennames and kept in touch.

In May of 2001 my boyfriend and I broke up and Justin offered to come visit me. I would like to take the time to mention that JEGs  lived about an hour down the turnpike me. So on June 11th (two days before my 20th birthday) JEGs and I hung out for the first time.

We went mini golfing (ask him about the sap in his hair) and then to Nifty Fifties for lunch. After lunch we met up with Connie and Joe and went to see Shrek. Afterwards we hugged and he went home.

Two days later I called him up to see if he wanted to hang out with me for my birthday. An hour later he was at my parents house. We packed into my little Hyundai Sonota with my cousin Tara and strolled down South Street for the afternoon.

Unfortunatly I had already decided to move to the shore for the summer to get away from the messy breakup with my ex boyfriend.  He came to visit me in LBI and we spent the first day at the beach sunning and chit chatting. We had dinner together, strolled around the lighthouse and walked the beach at night. I had told him I had never seen a shooting star so we laid out a blanket on the beach and looked at the stars. He showed me some constellations and I made up some of my own ( I never could find "The Kite" ever again). And there, laying on a blanket under the stars, we had our first kiss.

The past 8 years haven't been easy for us. We have definatly had our ups and downs, but he is my world.

No one can make me laugh the way JEGs does. I wish everyone could see the silly side that I get to see ( then again, I like that that is just for me :). He is my best friend and my confidant. He takes care of me and (sometimes) lets me take care of him. He deals with my stubborness with a smile on his face. He knows how crazy and mixed up my mind works and loves me anyway. And he puts up with the nicknames JEGs.

So happy anniversary to my friend, my love and mostly importantly, my cuddlebunny.

a ma vie de couer entier
you have my whole heart for my whole life.
Always & Forever,
ME

No comments: